These days, we're never far from our smartphones. And if we're not moving, it's hard to go even five minutes without reaching for the phone and scrolling through...anything. But there are many, many more things you can do on a phone than just kill time playing Candy Crush. The experts at SociallyStacked put together an excellent list of 30 Productive Things to Do When You Have 15 to Kill and a Smartphone. Below are a few of our favorite suggestions:
10. Look at the trending hashtags on Twitter and tweet out something relevant.
14. Clean up your inbox by deleting as many spam and read emails as you can.
24. In your notes app or in an email draft, free write about any ideas you have. If you don’t have any ideas, write down as many things you can think of that you’re thankful for.
And here are two suggestions of our own:
- Using your business's Instagram account, search for hashtags related to your business (for example, Fort Worth eMedia might search for #socialmedia, #emailmarketing, or #fortworth) and like and comment on what you see, or repost them using an app like Repost.
- Download a language-learning app (try Duolingo) and spend a few minutes brushing up on your Spanish (or French, or Italian, or...).
For the whole list, check out SociallyStacked's blog.